Games, Play and Education (SoSe09)
What to do over the next weeks
Hints on using EduCommSy, the attached Wiki and Skype
Hints on using and trying software
- attendance to at least 11 of the 13 presence sessions
- reading assigned texts, working on questions and tasks, and bringing your thoughts into discussion.
- participation and collaborative work in a project group of 2 to 4 people.
- after end of seminar delivering a short english essay of 5-6 pages reflecting on your personal stance on GBL,
if you would use, promote, or advise against it as educational medium, and why (deadline: )
Tasks for individual project group members:
- organising project work meetings for group members between seminars (one group member, listed as contact person in the 'groups' rubric)
- keeping a comprehensive wiki-based log on plans, thoughts, ideas, discussed topics, progress and obstacles concerning your project work (changing group members)
- giving a comprehensive description and afterwards a conclusion of your project work (one or more group members)
- delivering a group presentation (ca. 20 minutes) of the results at the end of the seminar, e.g. showing a prototype, performing a testplay (one or more group members)
- creating a wiki-presentation of your project group's work (deadline: )
How do we learn?